The Personal Competence Manager (PCM) is a web based system designed to support individuals in devloping their competences in order to achieve their personal goals.
The system is integrated with LifeRay, an Open Source portal and social collaboraton platform (which has been used to construct this website). In this way you can make use of all the standard portlets provided by LifeRay, together with a suite of custom portlets which provide the functionality required for lifelong competence development.
The sofware provided includes
- LifeRay, including the TENCompetence suite of custom portlets for lifelong competence development
- The TENCompetence services, which provide the TENCompetence suite of portlets with the services which they require in order to function.
- The TENCompetence Learning Design services, including the CopperCore LD Engine, NewAPIS, and the Wookie Widget server. These can be used to deliver Units of Learning defined using IMS LD and QTI.
- LearnWeb2.0, which combines the functionalities of existing Web2.0 applications to bring together together information stored on institutional servers, centralised repositories and community sharing systems.
- TENTube, a web-based video tool which fosters connection creation among community members and content.
- The ReCourse Learning Design Editor (a Java RCP application), which can be used to author Units of Learning compliant with IMS LD and QTI
The source code for all software is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tencompetence/